-
September 20th, 2001, 02:22 PM
#1
MadFor3D
Guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...9&ed=998055522
Anyhow, I'm really happy with it. I just got it. Interesting note, the guy I bought it from Kurt Gardella, from Germany- had originally sold me a different model. I had mistakenly thought it was the model I had wanted- (very quiet sound camera), but it was not. As it turned out Kurt was coming to NYC and he had a 4080 for sale. So, he came over today and traded cameras in person! What a great guy.
I just want to say I reccommend buying a Nizo from him. He is honest and sells quality used Nizo's.
Can't wait to shoot with it.
-M
------------------
-
September 20th, 2001, 05:42 PM
#2
Matt Pacini
Guest
Yeah, he's a good guy to deal with.
I bought my Nizo 6080 from him, and when I got it, the auto zoom didn't work.
I had Georg Graf fix it, & go through the camera & check it out, lube it, etc., which cost me $300.
Peters refunded me the money for the repair, which is unusual for an ebay sale, wouldn't you say?
Pretty outstanding.
My DP also bought a 715XL-S from him.
Great camera.
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
September 20th, 2001, 06:20 PM
#3
MadFor3D
Guest
Kurt told me the correct batteries to use in the Nizo 4080 are re-chargable. Now I can't remember what voltage... 1.2v? Anyone? Seems there are a couple different types of rechargable AA's at Radio Shack.
Thanks,
M
------------------
-
September 20th, 2001, 06:47 PM
#4
MadFor3D
Guest
Yeah Matt,
I do think someone should figure out a way to take out the sound gear inside of these cameras and put the crystal sync in there. That would be a cool improvement.
Anyone buy the Ultra wide angle III lens? For a Nizo? How much did you pay? I've seen one on e-bay recently with a reserve price of $140 something. Seems kinda steep for a wide angle lens attachment.
-M
------------------
-
September 20th, 2001, 07:19 PM
#5
ulrichsd
Guest
Pretty cool that he refunded the money, especially since he sells his cameras at lower than Ebay market value. (I got my 4080 for $250 with all accesories except battery and charger). That must be another thing different between the 4080 and 6080, because there is no auto zoom on the 4080, which is not a problem for me because I only use manual zoom during filming anyway (the slowest zooms on any camera I've seen are still *way* too fast to be used during filming).
As for Mad's question on batteries, I've never heard a definite answer on this. The 6080 manual says to only use 1.2V rechargeable batteries, but the battery case on my 4080 says to only use alkaline batteries, which are 1.5V. I emailed Dr. Peters and he said it doesn't matter which you use. I figure having the rechargeables will save you money in the long run. There are 2 types, Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) and Magnesium Metal Hydride (MgMH) or something like that. The MgMH are about twice as expensive, but I've heard that they hold a charge better and last longer.
HTH,
Scott
------------------
-
September 20th, 2001, 07:56 PM
#6
MadFor3D
Guest
Thanks Scott.
What? No auto-zoom on the 4080? I just double checked and mine has it. On the top of the camera. Cool that it has an "over-ride" setting for this- at the base of the lens.
-M
------------------
-
September 21st, 2001, 03:08 AM
#7
ulrichsd
Guest
Hey!
I just bought this camera a few months ago from Alex Peters (also from Germany), also seems like a good guy to buy from. I really like the cameras features and feel, I have shot 2 rolls but haven't yet sent them in for developing so I can't comment personally on the quality of the pictures it produces, so I'll probably order some pk59 mailers today and send those out soon.
Scott
------------------
-
September 21st, 2001, 05:35 AM
#8
Matt Pacini
Guest
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MadFor3D:
[B]"Anyone buy the Ultra wide angle III lens? For a Nizo? How much did you pay? I've seen one on e-bay recently with a reserve price of $140 something. Seems kinda steep for a wide angle lens attachment."
(Matt Pacini resonds):
I have a Nizo aspheric III Ultrawide adapter, and I paid $250. for it.
These are very sought after. $140 may seem steep to you, but believe me, it's not going to close at that!
It's a useful accessory, really, really wide angle.
It really sticks out there though, so I'm afraid that it's going to get scratched all the time!
I saw one that was like 72mm, for $250, and I got all excited (because it would fit my Buaer 715XL-S), until I saw that it was scratched! Bummer
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
September 21st, 2001, 04:49 PM
#9
MadFor3D
Guest
So, what's the best way to establish how much to compensate the difference between what my external light meter tells me and what I should actually set the f stop to be, manually, on my Nizo? Taking in account the difference due to light being lost to the viewfinder, beam splitter.
What's the quickest most cost effective way of doing this? I want to be able to set the exposure manually and get the results I want with this camera. How?
Thanks,
Madrone
------------------
-
September 21st, 2001, 08:33 PM
#10
ulrichsd
Guest
Side note: maybe the recahrgeables are Nickel-Cadmium vs. the better, more expensive Nickel Metal Hydride as opposed to whatever I said above. Anyway, I'm sure most understood what I meant.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks